Please ensure you follow these simple steps during your new tattoo’s healing process
- After you leave Valhalla Tattoo Studio, keep your tattoo covered with the dressing we've applied for 1-2 hours.
- When 2 hours is up, remove the dressing and wash carefully with warm water, ensuring your hands are clean before touching the area.
- Gently pat the area dry with kitchen roll or allow to air dry – leave uncovered and apply a small amount of Savlon or Black Death Aftercare ointment to the tattoo. I do not recommend bepanthen.
- Repeat the washing/patting and sparing application of cream 2-3 times daily for 7 days and nights.
During this period it is important that you allow area to breathe, we recommend air drying the area after washing, before re-applying cream.
- Keep the area clean and ensure any clothing or bedding it is in contact with is clean.
- During the healing process, a scab may form over the surface of the tattoo. Do not pick this and let it come away naturally. Should you have any further queries about aftercare and the healing process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. After all, like you we want your tattoo to look as good as possible.